Please note: by downloading any of these route files you agree that: (1) walking can be dangerous and this GPS data is provided without any warranty and I absolve the Exploration Journal for any liability. You acknowledge that routes can change and these files are a snapshot in time, and will follow them with due caution and awareness of your surroundings.
A couple of other points:
- These are KML or KMZ files, I have used an app called Maps.Me for many years to follow GPS routes and mark where I have been, camped and points of interest. As a route following tool it is excellent, as an wilderness map it is not. I like to carry an OS Map (or local equivilent) as well if possible.
- The files only show the route, none of my personal campspots as I believe sharing those will spoil the fun of finding your own wild camping spot.
- Some show alternative routes (in blue), or other trails which cross over the main one and could be explored.
- Due to limitations of my site, these routes are provided in zip format, so will need extracting before use.
- The best way to download Eurovelo cycling routes is direct from their website: https://en.eurovelo.com/#routes-and-countries, these are in GPS format but can be converted online.
Route: Scotland – West Highland Way (kmz)
Description: Shows the route from Glasgow to Fort William in Scotland (95 miles)
Route: England – Download: Pennine Way (kmz)
Route: England – SW Coast Path (kmz)
Route: Wales – Glyndwrs Way (kmz)
Route: Portugal – Download: Portugal – GR50
Description: Includes GR34 (Trilho Da Serra Amarela) and PR9 (Sete Lagoas)
Route: Turkey – St Paul’s Way
Description: From near Antalya to Yalvac. This one is slightly different and has three files: the main route, the original route provided by Ibrahim in Egirdir, and POIs that mark some water spots.